Friday, August 14, 2009

10 years ago...

10 years ago , this month, my car rolled off I-90 and on to Rainer Ave the first time. For two weeks prior, I had driven diagonally across America from Miami Florida to Seattle Washington. 4000 miles! the trip west was a dream come true. The St Louis Arch, Mt Rushmore, The Devils Tower (from close encounters), Yellowstone National park , and the of course The Corn Palace were all places I never believed I would see. A few months after I got here, I was asked ' How are you liking Seattle?' I replied. I LOVE it here. He replied, 'you're still in honeymoon mode'. Ten years later, I am STILL in honeymoon mode. Each morning as the bus lumbers toward downtown there is something amazing that catches my eye. The Olympic Mountains , Mt Rainier, Downtown Seattle's big buildings, The Space Needle, the ferries headed into or out of a fog bank, something almost always makes me feel like pinching myself, because I feel so lucky to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment